Plan your management system
The ISO Navigator™ database hyperlinks the ISO 9000:2005 principles and the ISO 9001:2008 requirements; and explains them in plain English with practical guidance.
This guidance has been superseded by ISO 9001:2015 Clause 7.1.4 Environment for the Operation of Processes. If you want to see a comparison matrix that correlates the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 to the revised requirements of ISO 9001:2015, please click here to begin comparing.
Our range of ISO 9001:2015 quality manuals and integrated manual templates cover the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement and document your organization's quality management system or integrated management system.
ISO 9001:2008: Work environment 6.4 (superseded)
Provide a work environment that allows the achievement of product conformity, consider the following factors:
- A place of work that is safe, including all equipment and methods of work
- Training, instruction, information and supervision for employees
- A means of safe handling, storing and using materials and chemicals
- Safe working environment with good lighting, ventilation, safe passageways, stairs and corridors
- Hygiene, cleanliness
- Noise, vibration
Perhaps this is the first move towards an ISO Standard on integrated management systems. Pop down to your local public library and compare ISO 14001 (Environmental) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety). You’ll be hard pressed to see much difference in layout and basic requirements.
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.