Management system guidance
ISO Navigator Pro™ is a free tool that provides practical, expert guidance for businesses wishing to interpret and better implement the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
Our range of templates cover the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement your next management system.
8.1.2 Eliminating hazards
Is the hierarchy of OHS controls correctly applied? Your organization must establish a process and determine the controls needed for achieving reduction in OHS risks using following hierarchy:
- Results of the context analyses (see 4.1 and 4.2) Hazard Elimination: avoiding risks, adapting work to workers, (integrate health safety and ergonomics when planning new work places; create physical separation of traffic between pedestrians and vehicles.
- Substitution: replacing the dangerous by non-dangerous or less dangerous (replacing solvent-based paint with water-based paint).
- Engineering Controls: Implement collective protective measures (isolation; machine guarding; ventilation; noise reduction etc.).
- Administrative Controls: Giving appropriate instructions to workers (lock out processes; induction; forklift driving licenses, etc.).
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Provide PPE and instructions for PPE utilization/maintenance, i.e. safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection, chemical & liquid resistant gloves; electrical protection gloves, etc.).
More information on PDCA
Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.