Management system guidance
ISO Navigator Pro™ is a free tool that provides practical, expert guidance for businesses wishing to interpret and better implement the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
Our range of templates cover the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement your next management system.
Recruitment and selection
Describe how your organization allocates its staff in order to achieve the required outcome, dependent on its size, this may be one or two people, or an entire project team. If you need a procedure and forms to help determine and control your business's human resources, click here.
The Human Resources Manager should review the requirements and identify human resource needs when objectives are reviewed or as the need arises (e.g. to cover maternity leave, leavers etc.). The Human Resources Manager should define the competencies required for each position and draw up a job description as appropriate.
Line Managers and Supervisors with the authority to appoint workers should ensure that new employees hold the required and current qualifications, certificates and licences for the position to which they are appointed. Employees are responsible for ensuring details of relevant qualifications, certificates or licences appear, are correct and are maintained.
To ensure that the best recruit is selected to meet the job requirements, all permanent and contract employees should be selected on the basis of their skills, experience and competence. The recruitment and selection process is outlined below:
- Identify staffing needs versus headcount and consider options (e.g. permanent, transfer or contract);
- Define the tasks to be undertaken;
- Define the responsibilities of the post-holder;
- Define the skills and experience required;
- Draw up the contractual terms [Refer to any Standard Employment Terms & Conditions];
- Advertise the vacancy internally and externally, as appropriate;
- Ensure that the interview and selection panel is suitably qualified;
- Draw up short list of candidates;
- Interview shortlisted candidates;
- Take up references;
- Make offer of employment and arrange a start date;
- Liaise with the Payroll department
- Arrange employee induction, orientation and introductions.
Initial training requirements should be identified through this process, and recorded using an employee competency assessment form. A training file should be developed for each employee, including management, to assist in identifying and tracking employee training requirements and verifying that the personnel have received the planned training.
More information on PDCA
Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation
Want to know more?
- Read our customer's feedback
- Client list - who's using our templates?
- How the templates are formatted and download examples
- Why we use turtle diagrams and process maps
- What's the difference between a process and a procedure?
- About documented information
A certificate guarantees the information your internet browser is receiving now originates from the expected domain - https://www.iso9001help.co.uk. It guarantees that when you make a purchase, sensitive data is encrypted and sent to the right place, and not to a malicious third-party.
Free PDCA guidance
ISO Navigator™ is our FREE online training tool that shows you how to apply the principles of PDCA to your operations. We also offer many helpful templates that get you on the road to documenting your management system, please visit the download page.