Management system guidance
Evidence‐based decision making
ISO Navigator Pro™ is a free tool that provides practical, expert guidance for businesses wishing to interpret and better implement the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
Our range of templates cover the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement your next management system.
Key benefits of evidence‐based decision making
Effective decisions are based on the analysis of data and information. Other performance statistics or indicators, such as timeliness and conformance to the specification, user satisfaction survey results and supplier performance records should also be collected in the data and analysis process.
- Improved decision-making processes;
- Improved assessment of process performance and ability to achieve objectives;
- Improved operational effectiveness and efficiency;
- Increased ability to review, challenge and change opinions and decisions;
- Increased ability to demonstrate the effectiveness of past decisions.
Actions you can take enhance evidence‐based decision making:
- Determine, measure and monitor key indicators to demonstrate the organization’s performance;
- Make all data needed available to the relevant people;
- Ensure that data and information are sufficiently accurate, reliable and secure;
- Analyse and evaluate data, and information using suitable methods;
- Ensure people are competent to analyse and evaluate data as needed;
- Make decisions and take actions based on evidence, balanced with experience and intuition.
More information on quality management principles
|Customer focus||Meeting customer requirements and exceeding expectations|
|Process approach||Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA), sequence and interaction, inputs, activities and outputs|
|Leadership||Establishing strategic direction and operational purpose|
|Improvement||Innovation, opportunities, root cause analysis, and ability to react to change|
|Engagement of people||Training, knowledge, competence, and empowerment|
|Relationship management||Maintaining relationships with intertested and providers in the supply chain|
More information on PDCA
Free internal audit checklists
Check out our free internal audit checklists. The audit checklist template is just one of the many tools which are available from the auditor’s toolbox that help ensure your audits address the necessary requirements.
Over 8,000 companies and globally recognized brands have relied on our templates to provide a path to improve, collaborate, and to enhance their operations to achieve certification, please see our client list for more information.