Management system guidance
8.2 Requirements for Products and Services
ISO Navigator Pro™ is a free tool that provides practical, expert guidance for businesses wishing to interpret and better implement the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018.
Our range of templates cover the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018, and offer an easy way to implement your next management system.
8.2.1 Customer Communication
This requirement is directly comparable to the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 Clause 7.2.3 Customer Communication. It has been expanded to include new requirements to obtain ‘customer views and perceptions’ instead of ‘customer feedback’. Some or all of the following specific customer communication should be observed and evidenced:
- Marketing information;
- Quotations and order forms;
- Confirmation of authorized orders and amended orders;
- Delivery notes and certificates of conformity;
- Invoices and credit notes;
- E-mail and general correspondence;
- Site visit reports or notes to/from customer;
- Customer feedback and complaints management process.
You should ensure that your organization has established effective arrangements for providing the customer with product information, a means of handling inquiries and orders and a method for handling customer comments that includes both compliments and complaints. Establish processes for communicating with your customers:
- Develop a process to control communications with customers;
- Implement your customer communications process;
- Communicate with your customers;
- Maintain records.
More information on PDCA
Free internal audit checklists
Check out our free internal audit checklists. The audit checklist template is just one of the many tools which are available from the auditor’s toolbox that help ensure your audits address the necessary requirements.
Over 8,000 companies and globally recognized brands have relied on our templates to provide a path to improve, collaborate, and to enhance their operations to achieve certification, please see our client list for more information.